Read about the our side’s most recent activities and news coverage here.
- Ever fancied having a go yourself? Come along to our Taster Open Night on Friday 13th October at Alton Infant School! 8pm, entrance in Victoria Road. Men and women welcome, no experience necessary, free entrance.
- A great day entertaining the crowds at Blackmoor Apple Fair!
- New squire announced!
After careful deliberation, the slippery Kastonian was announced as the new Squire, under the watchful gaze and tuition of the Alton Morris resident sage and wise woman Ann, and new foreman, Trish. Kaston proudly proclaims “I may not be totally reliable, but I did win the skipping race when I was 10, so I think I’m up to the task” 😊
- The Alton Morris 2017 Programme
Our programme of dancing has been finalised for this year. Please view to our calendar to see where we will be dancing over the coming season.
- Alton Morris Support HomeStart Wey-WaterAlton Morris was at The George, Butts Lane, Alton to hand over a £500 cheque to Home-Start WeyWater. This will be matched by the Four Acres Trust making a whopping £1,000 for this local charity.Alton Morris are always looking for new people to learn to be dancers and musicians to help carry on their traditional morris dance performances around the town and further afield into the future.
- The Next Generation of Dancers
Three Alton Morris dancers got the “Thumbs Up” from the 1st Liss Beaver Scouts on Friday after helping them learn about the traditional and culture of each of the countries that make up the United Kingdom, and earn a Challenge badge.
Dressed in the style of three different Morris traditions they demonstrated some of these features before teaching the Beavers to dance themselves.
The very enthusiastic and noisy response showed how much fun they were having. These are the Morris dancers of the future after all, so why would they not enjoy themselves.
Thanks to Kevin (Acorn) for inviting us.